Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kickstarter

06-27-2012, 11:23 PM,
Kickstarter
Recently, kickstarter has become a really popular way for indy developers to gain funds they need to make their games of any type. Why not try to start a kickstarter page to continue your project? I really love your games and even though there has'nt been an update for a long time, I dont lose hope that you will find interest in making them again. You have a talent for doing gripping stories that keep players in suspense and interested at what is going to happen next, so I hope this post might spark your interest in Dark Eternal again Smile

edit: Hers a link btw <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.kickstarter.com/">http://www.kickstarter.com/</a><!-- m -->

edit 2: if you need a moderator to clean up all the spam thats flowing here, i'd be glad to do it.
06-28-2012, 12:42 AM,
Re: Kickstarter
Nice to see im not the only one still lurking on these forums Big Grin

Kickstarter might be a good idea, but Hakuzen will probably have to start the story again, to introduce new people to the DE world and characters to really get the project funded. I hope Hakuzen still visits these forums to know some people still want to see this game continues Wink
06-28-2012, 09:32 AM,
Argh, gotta fight the spambots to keep this topic!
06-29-2012, 04:57 PM,
RawRaw fight the spambots
07-01-2012, 01:37 PM,
I dont know about kickstarter tbh, but I think that just starting this project again from scratch would be a nice idea, get people interested again.
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM,
Dont know about that, but as long as this forum remains alive, il'l keep checking it out . Who knows, hope dies last Wink
07-09-2012, 12:57 AM,
Say no to the spam
07-09-2012, 10:42 PM,
No retreat, no surrender!
08-10-2012, 08:26 PM,
Hey guys, sorry about the spam I have been slacking on forum moderation lately.

A few notes, DE2 is still in development, chapter 2 is going slow but steady, i think that i'm about 80% done.(excluding testing).

I am also working on a new web site with a more modern layout and look.

Also, I am working with somebody on converting the original DE to the android platform. If this happens, DE2 will probably land on it eventually as well.

As far as kickstarter goes, I have followed it pretty closely and have thought about using it myself. The only problem is my career is very demanding on my time right now, so even if I had a successful campaign time would be the main issue still.

However, what a kickstarter WOULD do is perhaps allow me to hire in-house artists and musicians to completely eliminate 3rd party resources from the game, which obviously would kick a whole lot of ass.

Anyway, I will defiantly consider it moving forward and I appreciate you guys still following the snail-like pace of this project. =P
08-12-2012, 12:20 PM,
Nice to have you back Hakuzen and its good to know the project is still going, I was begining to lose hope :? Its good to see someone dedicated to their game till the end. You have my respect Smile