Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Final Beta Release 11/29/11

11-29-2011, 07:47 PM,
Final Beta Release 11/29/11
After about three months of polish, the final "beta" release of DE: Inception(v4.20) will be released tonight around 8pm PST.

This milestone represents the end of all work on the game that is not related to bug fixes, performance tweaks and balance changes. In 3-4 weeks, the game will officially leave beta status and become v1.0 Release.

In related news, I will officially restart work on DE2 in mid December around the time v1.0 of DE:I is released.

Some features that have been added since the august "content complete" milestone include:

-Completely redesigned and vastly improved terrain for chapters 1-5.
-Artificial Intelligence. You may now play with two friends, one friend, or by yourself with the AI taking over for any non human controlled hero.
-Improved abilities/New abilities. Several heroes and ships have revamped skills and/or brand new skills.
-Improved Boss Fights. All boss fights have been improved in varied ways, including new adds, new phase abilities, higher immersion and a more consistent difficulty level.
-New Interface. The default SC2 interface has been replaced by a custom RPG interface that allows for better control, better visibility of the game world and higher immersion.
-Loot Improvement. The loot system has been vastly improved, with more consistent drop rates, color/rarity coding, 15+ new items and the addition of epic loot that drops from all chapter bosses.
-Extended Ending. The final cut of the ending has been added, effectively doubling the length from the previous ending.
-And Much more. Lots of small changes over the last three months come together to bring a much more polished and enjoyable game experience.

So if you haven't tried DE:I yet, you can find the final beta release v4.20 on battle.net tonight around 8pm PST.
12-03-2011, 09:57 AM,
Re: Final Beta Release 11/29/11
Hakuzen Wrote:In related news, I will officially restart work on DE2 in mid December around the time v1.0 of DE:I is released.

YES!