Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ending Cinematics (HUGE SPOILERS)

12-18-2010, 12:23 PM,
Ending Cinematics (HUGE SPOILERS)
HUGE SPOILERS. SPOILS EVERYTHING.

** DON'T READ UNLESS YOU'VE FINISHED THE GAME. **

First off, this game was great. I came from DE: Inception (the Starcraft 2 map), and I was glad to see the same caliber of cinematics of story development. I found the Dark / Light Sigils, all the Zodiacs, and proudly "resurrected" Rand by sneaking him back in using the debug room. In my head, he's totally alive again. I earned it, so that's how I'm remembering it.

One small issue I had - on Normal, the game was too easy for me. I'm not a huge RPG veteran, but I only used my permanent stat hemps at the end of the game. This wouldn't be a problem, but I think there's an alternate / better ending to the game if you play on Hard.

If someone's played both endings, could they let me know what changes in the Hard mode ending? With DE2 rolling out, I don't think I'll be playing through DE1 again right away.

The ending I got: Fight Jerod with Danis, Maron, Sakura, and debug roomed Rand. It looks like Nahla is killed. You have the visions of Sakura and you in bed with Nahala waking you up. Then its the vision of you in bed in a crack-house, with Brian (different face) and Nahla nearby. Then its the classroom, and some text about how you're in hospital and you wake up and murder everyone after merging with a red sinewy evil.

But then you see Nahla and Brian (Maron) awake. Brian keeps putting the chivalry moves on her. And then you see Danis float downstream and wake up.

Phew. That's was complex. So, if someone could tell me what changes in hard, I'd be much obliged. If you feel I should earn it myself, then I hope telling you I schooled the last boss with a super-fast Danis attacking 3 times to his 1 will change your mind.

- ddub
12-18-2010, 05:52 PM,
Re: Ending Cinematics (HUGE SPOILERS)
hey dubb

There's not much difference from the hard ending. their about the same if memory serves me correctly the only difference is depending if you are playing as Danis or as Zenogias in the end. in which case you will have different members in your party.
12-18-2010, 09:21 PM,
So basically, if you play on *easy* mode, you will get the "short" ending. If you play on both normal or hard, which you played normal, you will get the same "Full" ending.

The only difference with hard mode is that at the end of the game, you are able to take shadow as your fourth character for jeros' palace.. He uses his dog to fight, of course. =)

Now, what determines whether or not you finish the game as "Danis" or if you revert back to "Zenogias" (and the subsequent plot differences) is the choices you make. If you are an evil prick, you will become Zenogias without fail. If you try and be nice a lot, and i do mean.. A lot.. You will stay as Danis.

Note: the "cannon" ending would be that of Zenogias, and that is why it is much easier for that ending to occur than it is for you to stay as Danis. in DE2, the games continues as if you finished as Zenogias no matter what your choices were in the original game.
12-19-2010, 12:04 PM,
Thanks for the comments, both of you.

I played DE2 Chapter 1, and I completely understand that its Zenogias, not Danis, who returns. The reason I posted this in the first place was that I saw Ehrix hanging out with Zenogias at the begging of DE2. I wanted to know if you needed to be on hard to get him, and if there were other changes too. Now I know - and knowing is half the battle.

Thanks again.

-ddub
12-24-2010, 02:44 PM,
Oh noes! D:

I think I played on easy (as the lazy bum that I am), so on normal and hard there is a "long" ending? What exactly is it? >.>
05-20-2011, 03:01 AM,
can I get a bump on this? I recently redownloaded the game to do my 3rd playthrough, and I realized I never got the zenogias/ehrix ending fro DE: 1, although in my second walkthrough I messed up in that 3 large minigames thing near the end and didn't find one of the sigils... >_>
There is reality, there is perception, and only fools choose to live in only one.