Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unable to run the game?

12-30-2009, 05:00 AM,
Unable to run the game?
I used to play DE a couple of years ago, I have to say, one of the best games I ever played honestly. Anyways, I recently downloaded it again, and I tried to run it but when I do as soon as I run the player I get "RGSS Player has stopped working" and I can't run the game at all. I am running Windows Vista if it affects it.
Can anybody help? Big Grin

EDIT: Never mind Big Grin I got it working. Just had the change the DLL in the .ini file. Incredible game.
01-01-2010, 08:38 AM,
Re: Unable to run the game?
haha glad you figured it out and glad you like the game ^^
01-29-2010, 02:30 PM,
I WANT TO PLAY THE GAME BUT I USE VISTA.PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I HAVE TO DO TO PLAY IT.I HAVE NO GAME MAKING EXPERIENCE.THANKS BETTE :?
01-29-2010, 09:06 PM,
Hey Bette,

Sorry about that, this is a known issue with Vista/Win7. I will post details on how to fix this later tonight.
01-31-2010, 10:41 PM,
here is the DLL file fix for Vista and Win7 users: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2H6BCGWR">http://www.megaupload.com/?d=2H6BCGWR</a><!-- m -->
it contains instructions on how to install both.

Readme.txt:

*Dark Eternal RGSS dll fix*

Installation instructions:

Vista:
When you install this on Vista just drop it in the dissolution folder.
If it asks you to overwrite the .ini file click yes. now you should be able to play
without any issues.

Windows 7:
When you install this on Win7 just drop it in the dissolution folder.
If it asks you to overwrite the .ini file click yes. Now right-click the game.exe
and go to the compatibility tab. set it to always run with Windows XP compatibility. now
you should be able to play without any issues.

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS PLEASE PM HAKUZEN OR ME.
02-08-2013, 02:31 AM,
RE: Unable to run the game?
Hello, I can upon a post on RPGMaker.net from a forum member. In the post they suggested this game, Eternal Dark: Dissolution. I downloaded and installed the game, but it give me an error for rgss. I tried to download the patch to fix form your links but Megaupload is down, is there any other place I can get the file?

Thank you,

V V
02-11-2013, 07:51 AM,
(02-08-2013, 02:31 AM)VirtualVampire Wrote: Hello, I can upon a post on RPGMaker.net from a forum member. In the post they suggested this game, Eternal Dark: Dissolution. I downloaded and installed the game, but it give me an error for rgss. I tried to download the patch to fix form your links but Megaupload is down, is there any other place I can get the file?

Thank you,

V V

Hello,

Try downloading this patch:

http://www.zenosoft.net/Files/Patch/DE1_RGSSfix.zip

Extract the contents of this zip file into your Dark Eternal directory (This folder will have game.exe in it.)

You will be asked if you wish to override "game.ini", say yes.

The game should now run. Please confirm that this works for you!
02-24-2013, 03:00 AM,
It does work, replaying it also so I can transfer save files to the 2nd game when the 2nd chapter comes out. SO EXCITED!!!!