Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sad News

09-11-2009, 05:29 PM,
Sad News
Well, for the 3rd time in 2 years I have had a harddrive fail on me. This time, it was my 120gig secondary drive I store most of my games, anime, and regrettably, Dark Eternal 2 on.

Luckily, since the last couple HD failures, I've learned my lesson and I now keep bi-weekly back-ups.

So what does this mean? Well, sadly, the HD failed three days before the scheduled back-up.

So, I've lost about a week and a half work of worth.. Which was quite extensive. A pretty lame set-back, especially seeings how most of the last 2 weeks of work I've done has been implementing custom systems(Namely Sanity) and event scripting.

So on that note, The beta is going to be delayed at least another two weeks. I will try to get it to all of you beta testers as soon as I possibly can.
Sad

PS: Do not buy seagate hard drives.. 2 of my last 3 fails have been that brand and I'm hearing from others that they've had similar experience.
09-12-2009, 05:13 AM,
Re: Sad News
sadly they use to be the best hard drives money can buy. now however they are quite shit. i myself ran into this issue last year, thankfully all of the DE2 audio work wasnt on that drive (its also backed up on DVD). once im done with the DE2 work though im going to replace all of my seagates with Western Digital's. Im gonna get a Cavier for the OS drive, and 2 WD Raptor drives for all of my virtual instruments and samples.

WD Raptors are built like brick shit houses.