Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug?

01-03-2018, 12:11 AM,
Bug?
The game seems to hang for me during the cutscene where Zenogias rushes back to Tsunaba and encounters someone named Malacai, shortly after the Ichimaru fight. (Chapter 1)

More info, if it helps any:
Hard difficulty
Used clear file from DE: D
Sanity bar around 15% blue
01-03-2018, 02:34 AM,
RE: Bug?
Hey Saw,

I'll investigate this issue and let you know as soon as a fix is available.
01-04-2018, 01:41 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-04-2018, 01:44 AM by Hakuzen.)
Hey Saw,

I actually just tested this scene several times and there was no issue I could find. 

The game doesn't seem to freeze for me in this scene, and progresses to Chapter II as it should after the Malakai fight.

Can you tell me the exact spot in the cutscene this is happening to you and let me know if you made any custom changes to the installation path/shortcuts/compatibility/etc? Also, which version of Windows are you on?
01-04-2018, 06:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 01-06-2018, 07:56 AM by Sawsage.)
Malakai advances towards Zenogias while gradually going invisible, and it hangs when he's right next to Zenogias. The music still plays, the rain still continues to fall, but it doesn't progress past that point.

The only custom change I've made is adding the clear file from DE: D, and I'm using Windows 7.

As a side note, the 3 pre-chapter 1 bosses (final boss gauntlet of DE: D) end if Zenogias is hit at all. Not sure if that's intentional or not...

Also a very minor bug, but it's possible to get the Crusader essence before triggering the cutscene that makes it available.
01-06-2018, 09:38 PM,
This is very odd, but I am completely unable to reproduce this bug no matter what I do..I have seen the type of hanging bug you are experiencing myself in the past, and I know how it is typically fixed, but because I can't get it to trigger myself there is no way for me to know if my fix actually worked until you try it.

So i'll be moving up the release of v0.9.1 that will include my attempt to fix this issue for you, but I can't guarantee that it will actually resolve the bug.

Targeted release date for v0.9.1 will be 1/14.
01-07-2018, 10:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 01-08-2018, 02:03 AM by Sawsage.)
So I started a new game, snowflaked my way to the problem area, and it progressed to the fight just fine.

Loaded up my old save, and encountered the bug...so I'm pretty confused as well.

I'm attaching the problem save. Perhaps it will help...?
01-08-2018, 12:39 AM,
Ha, I just loaded it up and made it all the way through to the chapter 2 splash.. Very odd, but hoping the changes I've made should fix the issue for you in v0.9.1.
01-15-2018, 05:52 AM,
Started a playthrough on medium (to tide me over), and I had no problem until chapter 3. Not sure how to describe it, but I get the same type of hanging bug at a scene in Seraphim Falls where Zenogias collapses, and it transitions to that classroom. Sanity bar is about 80% blue, if that affects anything at all.

I do have some other comments, questions, etc. (lots actually) but they're not really about bugs. So I'll save it for later.
01-15-2018, 10:42 PM,
I can confirm the hanging problem before the Malakai fight you are describing. It happened to me, too, in just the same manner. However, it only occurred once. After reloading and trying again the scene just continued as normal.
Makes it hard to hypothesize on what may be causing it...
01-15-2018, 11:10 PM,
I have a working theory on what is causing it, but unfortunately it is not a "global fix" and  I need to apply the fix to each specific scene; and on top of that the issue doesn't seem to occur for me at all on my setup so I'm completely dependent on others reporting these issues for me to even know if they exist.

So in v0.9.1 it should be fixed for malakai/chp 3 classroom, but if you run into anymore spots like this please let me know and I'll continue to fix them on an adhoc basis.