Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Secret Areas and Sanity Chests

03-18-2017, 09:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 03-18-2017, 09:13 AM by Isaac95.)
Secret Areas and Sanity Chests
Although its been more than a year since I logged into the forums, I've lurked consistently checking at least once every 1/2 weeks. And the more I play Dark Eternal 2, it's starting to urk me that I can't get both chest rewards (rage and depression). Literally, I play every update at least 3/4 times so I can know which chests give what, comparing the two paths chest rewards, and making a finally decision  on which sanity system to through with. I'm hoping there is something later in the game that might allow me to get all chest in the future. 

Also, this game has alot of secret chest and random areas that are so well hidden. I've found quite a few, but I know I'm not finding everything. Heck, I still can't get past that bat (chest behind the bat) in Chapter 1 on Nahla's side. I'm planning on making a list of some sort and maybe sharing it on the forums? so maybe other players here can compile or exchange secrets they've found? Just wanted to get permission on that regard, no worries if you don't want that to happen.

P.S. The game is amazing, loving it more and more. 
03-19-2017, 07:00 AM,
RE: Secret Areas and Sanity Chests
Hey Isaac,

Part of my goal with the Sanity System is to add replay value so that playing the game multiple times can feel different enough to warrant the experience. Although the effects are sometimes subtle, I do have plans to have entire dungeons, essences and secret characters available to specific sanity levels so that your choices make a heavy effect on the final endgame.

To answer your question, there will be a mechanic that allows you to alter your Sanity available in early chapter 5; but it will be very expensive and impractical to do more than a few times in a single game. There are significant gil sinks in Chapter V and VI that will make you think twice about wasteful spending, so my guess is a lot of people will opt to skip sanity resets/alterations.

Glad to hear you enjoy the placement of secret areas, and no I would not mind at all about making a list as long as you tag it with a spoiler warning.