Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dark Eternal II: v0.6.5 Released!

11-08-2015, 09:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 11-08-2015, 10:01 AM by Hakuzen.)
Video  Dark Eternal II: v0.6.5 Released!
Hey Guys,

It took a bit longer than expected, but v0.6.5 is finally ready. This is a non-content update, but it is an important one none the less.

Major upgrades to the engine, bug fixes, game balance, animations, battlebacks, clear file bonuses and more.

You can download it Here.

---------------------------------
Release Notes: v0.6.5
---------------------------------

-Upgraded Tilemap Rendering engine
-New Dynamic Battle Commands, Trance & Delirium (Replacing "Meditate")
-Fixed "Black Line/Tileshift" bug
-Fixed "Vanishing Water/Foliage" bug
-Fixed "Sticky Stat Change" bug
-Fixed Ascension System bug where transformations would "miss" and sometimes cause a crash.
-Upgraded Shop System
-Upgraded Essence Menu
-Upgraded Equip Menu
-Upgraded several battle backgrounds
-Added clearfile bonuses for Chapters 1, 2 & 3.
-Improved overall game performance
-Active Count Battle system now pauses when browsing Limit Break Menu.
-Overall game balance has been altered.
-Several animations have been improved.
-Minor bug fixes and grammatical corrections.
11-18-2015, 05:18 AM,
RE: Dark Eternal II: v0.6.5 Released!
Thanks for the update, but I am more happy that we are hearing from you. I know I don't post often, but I still check the website on a semi-regular basis to see how the game is going along and its great to hear from you in some capacity!
11-18-2015, 08:46 PM,
Hey Issac,

Nice to see you still around! I try to post as often as I can with status updates and such, but my main focus is always on development. 

Right now, I am working on an early segment of Chapter 4 that is crucial to the overall storyline of Dark Eternal; Major revelations that will begin to connect Danis with Zenogias and explain their seemingly disparate personalities.

Overall Chapter 4 will address many issues that have remained mysterious until now, will end with a huge plot twist and one of the most epic battles in Dark Eternal history.

I look forward to sharing it with you in 2016!
06-19-2016, 09:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 06-20-2016, 01:30 PM by Samarat.)
So I finally got to upgrade to version 0.6.5

And started a new game in order to get the DE1 clearfile bonus (hopefully this is last time I have to restart completely from scratch)

Optimisation is clearly noticeable (no scrambled tiles when save is loaded, game don't lag anymore when bosses speak mid-combat, just to name a few), but it seems to add some "side effects"

1) First fight between Zeno and his red-haired assasin ended with:
[Image: Error.png]
Yep, it still lurks around.

2) Shortly after I encountered a strange glitched tile: every time Zeno tried to pass over he became permanently stuck moving forward and didn't respond to movement commands anymore. 
It under Zenogias on screenshot below:
[Image: Glitch_Spot.png] 
3) For some reason this monster is now completely uninteractable:
[Image: Uninteractable.png]

I stopped at save crystal near Misty since it was mostly "prologue ends here" save.
I also looked at my Akasou save from 0.6 version:
Impassable places were corrected, item descriptions corrected with one exception:
[Image: Typo.png]
Ehrix's weapon technique still contains a typo.

Also it appears that both Akasou shops is now broken: if you enter Zeno's party won't appear inside making further actions impossible. I checked saves from Thunaba and Ekei and their shops were working correctly - only Akasou ones are bugged.

Edit: I tried to continue my fresh save, but unfortunately next anomaly was a game-breaking one: Malakai's pre-battle cutscene gets stuck because he disappears and not coming back.
06-22-2016, 10:57 PM,
Wow! The Malakai bug is very surprising, have you tried replicating this? I don't get the bug you are describing myself, so I'm a little concerned about this one.

I'll take a look at the rest, the nomethoderror seems to have been reduced quite a bit but is not quite gone completely based on feedback.
06-23-2016, 08:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 06-23-2016, 02:33 PM by Samarat.)
I'm not sure what causes it, but quickly cutting Malakai's greeting short sometimes lets me slip through while allowing it fully appear always causes scene to hang.

Also thing to note: in current version battles time stops whenever character gets a turn, but if you try to continue old version save battles will still go in realtime, pausing only when you browse stash/skill list.
06-26-2016, 02:02 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016, 03:34 PM by Samarat.)
Just reached Akasou in my fresh save. Both shops is working normally, so I believe that this bug was due to old version save.

Also I think CPP should be locked until you hear about it from priestess in the temple. Hearing about relic inside while nobody of characters should know about it is a little strange.

Edit: Found a couple more things:
1) Hydro is a multi-target skill while according to description it should be a single-target one.

2) Kumo stance is a self-targeting skill while Oni stance can be freely transferred around. Is that intended or one of them is not right?
07-05-2016, 08:10 PM, (This post was last modified: 07-05-2016, 08:11 PM by Daxisheart.)
Hey! Just wanna say that I've been checking up on progress ever since DEBig Grin, and will probably continue to do so until DE II is done. I love your work.
07-07-2016, 12:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 07-07-2016, 12:55 AM by Hakuzen.)
Appreciate it, Daxis!

Hope you enjoy the final product.