Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Plans for DE:D

08-13-2009, 05:58 PM,
Plans for DE:D
It has been a very long time since I've finished Dissolution now.. A lot of people have wondered if I was going to go back and add anything else to it, revamp something, or even combine it with DE2.

The answer to that,

is yes.. To all of the above.

Currently, my plans are to begin the process of merging DEBig Grin with DE2 to make one very large complete game. What does that mean exactly? Well, for one thing, all of the custom systems you find in DE2 (Sanity, Essence, etc.) will all be a part of DEBig Grin now aswell. That, combined with some plans to add new content, will make playing through the combined "Dark Eternal" game almost a completely new experience.

There are a few questions, and I plan on answering them as we get closer to the time when this will happen.. My current idea is to start doing this around chapter 5 or so of DE2, but ultimatly DE2 will be released in it's entirety before the games are merged, so fret not.. You will not be waiting any extra time for the ending.

Any requests? thoughts? post em here. I'll try and answer any question you can throw at me, but keep in mind I will not give away anything that would ruin the story/ending of DE2.

I will take this oppurtunity to answer a big question before anyone even asks it.

Q: "If the games are merged, what happens to the second ending of DEBig Grin? Will the game branch out?"

A: "No. In DEBig Grin, choices were made throughout the game that ultimately led to either a good guy or bad guy type ending. As i've said before, the "cannon" ending or "true" ending was the bad guy version, where Danis reverts to Zenogias. Therefore, when the game is merged, all choices made in DEBig Grin will go towards the SANITY system just like in DE2. The second, "good guy" ending will cease to exist in the final merged version of 'Dark Eternal'."
08-16-2009, 01:40 AM,
Re: Plans for DE:D
this is bound to make my life more fun. bring it on

course it will probably be harder on you Smile

:ugeek: